FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - CBSA passport checks at jetbridge? Frequency? Random? Targeted?
Old Aug 11, 2023, 11:59 am
blue2002

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by tecate55
Did they scrutinize everyone to the point of off-boarding delays?
Yes, when there is a passport check at the jetway, they scrutinize every passenger coming off the plane.

[...]but even I doubt my Nexus card: the photo is absolutely awful. B&W to boot. The worst on any photo ID I've ever had. My free high school "student rate" bus passes were better. Funny how security strength somehow goes downhill as trust goes up.
My Nexus card is the same. Likely the reason why CBSA folks ask to see the actual passport. I have never experienced a jetway documents check on arrival from US.

I don't argue with CBSA officers either, but I do submit complaints/comments once I'm safely home. They've at least provided a facade of taking complaints seriously, though they investigate themselves so I question the rigour. As a citizen, they have little opportunity for retribution.
LOL. Do you want to visit "secondary" every time you come back into the country? The internet is full of interesting threads of folks (usually US citizens returning to US), for example, refusing to answer any questions at the border. Ok, there is some validity to this thinking: You are a citizen. You have shown your passport. In theory answering questions of an immigration officer is not a requirement to re-enter your own country, but... Why do it? Why make life difficult for yourself and the immigration folks that are, in fact, guarding your country's borders? Live and let live, I say.