FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Reddit Rumor/Speculation] 2024 American Express changes to Delta lounge access?
Old Aug 7, 2023, 10:27 am
Beltway2A

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by dw
Agreed. And limiting access on the vanilla Amex Plat while maintaining unlimited access on the DL Reserve Card would be totally out of Amex's playbook-- some people (note that I'm saying *some*) who only hold the Plat might then add the Reserve as well, increasing Amex's annual fee revenue.

Thinking of this year's changes to Centurion Lounge guest access, I believe overcrowding was only one consideration for Amex-- the other being increased guest fee revenue and increased annual fee revenue from people adding AUs (or increased interchange from people who are compelled to spend $75k to unlock guest access).
As a vanilla Plat holder, I'm thinking this would result in me booking fewer DL flights than I do today. All else being equal domestically (a few times a year), I prefer DL where this a SkyClub and have no issues paying for a guest. If they're going to lock me out after a few trips, continue to charge for a guest (I'm assuming guests can't use any of the allotted visits) the tiebreaker no longer goes to Delta.