FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QR Al Safwa First Class Lounge
View Single Post
Old Aug 7, 2023, 4:34 am
babyg_wc

Originally Posted by Hellboy666
I'll be flying with QR from Dubai to Doha (First) and then a long-haul route (in R - so no Business Lite). Would I have access to Al Safwa, or Al Mourjan only?
The text at the top of this thread mentions it, and I remember the same that if one arrives from a First class flight and the onward flight does not have First class but Business is booked then one can still access Al Safwa. That worked back in 2020 coming from an A380/longer flight. Thats a while ago. And I think to have also read something about 5hr+ flights?
So I want to confirm if that rule is still valid? Not a big deal if not, but if Al Safwa can be used on the way back in this scenario it'd be very welcome.

(The thread is too long and I have no clue how to search for this, apologies if it was asked before)
The wiki currently says you should get access
Access is thus restricted to Qatar Airways First Class, and OneWorld First Class passengers :
- either holding a First Class boarding pass* for their next flight
- or holding a First Class boarding pass from their previous flight.

and there was a recent post of similar
Originally Posted by YYCCL3
As another point of reference, in February of this year, I've arrived on an "F" ticket (AUH-DOH) at 18:00, departed on a different J ticket the following day at 0930, and been granted access to the Al Safwa lounge both in the evening and the following morning.
hope that helps, and do report back of your success/failure for AS access