FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your IHG Rewards at Kimpton Experiences 2023
Old Aug 6, 2023, 6:04 am
MrsW

Programs: BAEC - Gold, IHG - Spire Ambassador
Kimpton Fitzroy London

Kimpton Fitzroy London

What is your Rewards Club status? Diamond Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay? Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive? We booked an entry level classic on points and we received a multilevel upgrade to a Premium room with two double beds which slept four.

How are the rooms? Large enough for four. We were happy. Two comfortable arm chairs either side of a dining table. Plenty of complimentary drinks and snacks. Minibar had six bottles of water, beers, soda plus a smoothie. Snack box had crisps, popcorn, chocolate and three assorted packs of cookies. Windowless bathroom with towels for four, robes and slippers for two.

[If you are Spire and Inner Cricle]
How was your complimentary welcome amenity? We chose breakfast at Galvins as our Diamond welcome amenity and received 600 points as well. When we used the secret password at check in we were given two drink vouchers, which I used for cocktails in Fitz’s while my son went to the gym.

Did you raid the minibar? If so, what did you take? We drank half of the water, a soda and one of the beers. We munched most of the snacks.

Were you offered a Chef's Taste at Dinner, If so, what did you receive? We ate dinner out.

Did you use the free spa credit / did the hotel participate? If so, was it a good value? NA

What was good and what was bad? Booze was plentiful at social hour in Burr & Co. I managed a few. My son liked the gym. The room was really quiet and we both got a good night of sleep.

Breakfast wasn’t the best. We went down at 10am and there was a wait to be seated. The dining area was full of dirty tables not guests. I was surprised to see there was a supplement payable on any hot meal others than porridge or basic eggs. As those buying breakfast paid £29 for the privilege this seemed ridiculous. Must be a new response to the cost of living crisis as they definitely didn’t charge a supplement when we stayed here last year.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return? We booked on the 16000 points intern error rate. If this rate was always available, we would rent out our house and move into the hotel.