FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated UA Lost/Delayed Baggage Issues
Old Jul 31, 2023, 12:57 pm
CPS89

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by jsloan
OP: I agree that you're probably going to want to amend your existing claim, but the process for doing so isn't exactly clear. I assume you've been working with the Baggage Recovery Center at 800-335-2247. I'm not aware of another avenue, although if you happen to be heading to the airport in the next few days and have a little extra time, you could try stopping by baggage services and talking to somebody there. They should, at a minimum, be able to look up your claim and tell you how to add documentation to it, or they can tell you if filing a brand new claim is somehow correct.
Thank you for the advice. That is the number I have been using for the BRC, and where I suspect I was sent after calling 1K. I'm far too frustrated with this ordeal to sit on hold for an hour and talk to an agent who won't realize this is an unusual situation (for a lost bag case at least), so I'll stop in the baggage service at ORD on my return trip later this week.