FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA preorder premium cabin meal, Y snacks/drinks - all >800 (900?) mile
Old Jul 30, 2023, 9:25 am
jd2000

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by CLTRob
Does United use china, real glassware, and stainless flatware in Premium Economy? I can’t see paying that much money to eat from a cardboard box or paper plates as some of their competitors use in PE. Thank you!
In June EWR-SFO it was China plate for main, salad, and pre-arrival meal, but plastic plate for bread, plastic flatware, plastic cups, plastic container for the dessert. Linen tablecloth and linen napkin for main meal; paper napkin and no tablecloth for pre-arrival meal.

ETA: not 100% sure on plastic flatware for main meal, actually probably stainless. Definitely plastic cups the whole way though.

I’m always surprised people talking about how many $$$ they’ll pay per hour for certain cabin upgrades consider the meal part of that equation, given that on the ground a decent tasting menu with good service might only be $100 more than McDonald’s, but you’re certainly entitled to your own value judgments.

I will say, however, that drinking wine or spirits from a plastic cup absolutely degrades the experience. I’d consider using real glassware for wine and spirits specifically, while keeping everything else plastic, a huge improvement.

Last edited by jd2000; Jul 30, 2023 at 11:18 am Reason: Correction on flatware