FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Archive 2021-2023 Hilton Amex Aspire $200 Resort Credit]
Old Jul 27, 2023, 12:03 pm
diesteldorf

Originally Posted by diesteldorf
I stayed at the Hilton Chicago/Oak Brook resort over July 4. Split $950.00 in charges between 3 Aspire cards. Charged $250+ on each card July 4 and received a $250.00 credit x 3 on July 11.

https://www.oakbrookhillsresortchicago.com/
Originally Posted by Cynapse
Might be a dumb question, but I booked a 1-night stay at a local resort that appears in the Hilton resorts search. I secured the room with my Aspire. My wife has an Aspire too and I'm wondering if $250 resort credit work for restaurants on site my wife swipes the charge instead of us charging it to the room? Is there any way to know ahead of time whether the restaurant appears as a hotel charge rather than the individual restaurant? Thanks in advance!
It depends on how the restaurants code, and if they use the same processor as the hotel. You could buy a small item/drink, ask them to run your wife's card, and check the PENDING CHARGES to see if it codes as Hilton.

A better option may be charge everything to the room and ask the hotel if you can split the charges between multiple cards at checkout. Good Luck.