FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What Honors status information do hotel staff see at check-in?
Old Jul 26, 2023, 9:58 am
Miesque

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by alben
It is funny how salesmen make assumptions based on how you are dressed or what you drive. My story is I went shopping for a new SUV. The car I was driving had a lot of miles on it, and although there was no dents or dings, rust was starting to form on the lower panels as the car was 14 years old. Anyway, at a couple of car lots, the salesman would snub their noses at me like there was no way I could afford a new car. Little did they know that I had most of the money saved up for a new car. I eventually bought a new car at a car lot where the salesman treated me like a person, without making assumptions based on what I was wearing or what I was driving.
Its very highly prevalent a lot of places and frankly one of the reasons I wear a blazer of some kind when I travel you frankly have a better chance of better service, attitude et al. No its not a magic VIP shield, you can still get .... service but a blazer and being polite does improve you odds of getting treated at least like a human being.