FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can't check in online (OLCI) for int'l., mixed carrier etc. itinerary (merged)
Old Jul 25, 2023, 11:54 am
BillBurn

Programs: AA: EXP, 1MM Marriott: Ambassador, LTT
Help! I have what I think is a new wrinkle on the "can't check-in online" problem:

Flying GVA-LHR-PHX-RNO tomorrow. GVA-LHR is on BA, LHR-PHX and PHX-RNO on AA . This is the return of a round trip PNR and I already have assigned seats on all return segments. I was able to check-in via BA app to GVA-LHR without issue and got a boarding pass for that flight however neither the AA app or website will check me into my LHR-PHX and PHX-RNO segments.

Multiple calls to EXP desk and a painfully long call with AA web support did not fix the problem. They all say they can see me checked in for GVA-LHR but everything they (and I) try to get checked on on AA segments fails. At some point I upfared the PHX-RNO segment and one of the reps I spoke guessed that this may be causing the issue but they said that was just a guess.

I am being to advised to check-in at the gate when I get to LHR where I will arrive T5 and depart T3, but with only a1:40 layover there is a chance that by the time I take the shuttle, re-clear security and reach AA gate in T3 they will have given my seat away.

At my suggestion AA web support has noted in my record that I am having problems checking in and that the gate shouldn't give my seat away but chances of gate agent checking notes on my record before no-showing me seem slim.

AA has no flights from GVA so no AA check-in desk at GVA that I could use in advance. I may try to see if BA GVA check-in or lounge staff can fix but seems like they would have even less of a chance vs. AA EXP desk.

Anyone run into this problem or have ideas for fixing this prior to showing up at the T3 gate?