FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GONE: Sheraton Jerusalem [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Dec 30, 2004, 9:06 am
craz
Suspended

Mr TM, when you asked from "tlv to Jerusalem" if you meant from the airport, yes there is one. Dont know the timing but Id go with the shared taxi= sherut if it was me that will set you back bet $9-10 for a one way trip and it will drop you off at your destination. Taking the bus to the Central Bus Station and then another will to get close to your destination will require that you Exit the Station and then depending where you are going, having to navigate the underground passageway and a bit of a walk. Or you might get real lucky and your local bus will be able to be boarded in front of the Station its a 50/50 chance.
Now in no way would I want to try and get aboard a local bus with even a backpack especially if you dont look an Israeli, let alone a suitcase or 2.
If you were talking about the city of (tlv) and not the airport. Then there are buses that go non-stop almost every few minutes, I believe its still the '405'. cost I havent done it in maybe 25 yrs so I cant help ya there.
The Sherut from/to TLV is one pf the best deals in the country. A local taxi ride can cost almost as much for far less the distance.

Coming to think of it the #4 bus should get ya to the Plaza from the Bus station. The #4 will require that you take that passageway and a nice walk at that- with stairs (alot) on both ends. There are others that pass by the Hotel but thats on its way back to the BS, cant recall any other #s that can get ya there from the BS. The #4 that stops in front of the BS is going in the wrong direction. Most local buses do NOT start and end at the BS, its usually in the middle of its routing.

Last edited by craz; Dec 30, 2004 at 9:12 am