FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any Experiences at SLC?
View Single Post
Old Jul 23, 2023, 10:23 pm
bravoechowhiskey

Programs: Amex Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Natl EC, Hertz PC, Avis Preferred+
We're still in the Yellowstone area for another week. On arrival at SLC, the EA/EC area was pretty well stocked that Monday night. Wide range of sedans (Toyota, Kia, Hyundai, VW, Genesis), only a handful of SUVs (Kia, Hyundai, Ford, Jeep), 1 minivan (Chrysler Pacifica), no trucks. I took a 2022 Ford Explorer XLT with a hair over 16,000. It has done well for us from SLC all the way to Red Lodge, MT, and back down to Yellowstone. The ECO drive option allowed us so far to average 25.1 mpg. Plenty of room with the third row seats folded down for two weeks worth of luggage for me, the wife, and our seven year old.

Our flight to SLC was delayed over 4 hours. By the time we made it to the EA/EC, the National app must have timed out my ability to complete the rental solely in the app. No problems at all with National staff, they were great. At the exit booth, the agent verified the rental with my DL and CC, and we were on our way in under a minute.