FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA871 (SFO-TPE) 20 July 2023 Diverts Due To Unruly Passenger
Old Jul 21, 2023, 11:25 am
United747

Programs: UA 1K, QR Silver, DL Silver
Originally Posted by HNLbasedFlyer
Well - we do have a 13 year FT member with over 4,000+ post actually on that plane agreeing with the diversion (post #4)
I appreciate the backup, HNLbasedFlyer

Originally Posted by IggySD
I don’t think either of those “qualifications” are in any way relevant. For message board etiquette, sure, but they have absolutely nothing to do with behavior assessment and risk mitigation. No idea whether the decision was the right one or not, but I wouldn’t give the opinion of someone with impressive FT credentials any more weight than any other passenger.
I’m not here to debate my qualifications (nor will I outline whether they are or are not relevant).

We all love playing armchair CEO, Pilot, Ops personnel, etc. but in some situations, you just have to be there.

None of us have all the information- Pilots had what FAs told them, I imagine they relayed that to Willis ops to debate diversion. My version is based on being in the immediate vicinity of the purser, several other FAs, and the offending passenger.