FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sevilla Flamenco, Turin Ghosts, Taunton Tone, Malagueña Tabernas
Old Jul 19, 2023 | 11:20 am
Concerto
FlyerTalk Evangelist
20 Years on Site

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
12. CDG-TRN Business (Z) AF1502(A5)

I had time for a brief stay in the Air France lounge at Paris CDG airport, Terminal 2G (a part of the airport which is on a different planet) and found it quite pleasant, despite the reports I had read about overcrowding. Given that I was connecting to another Hop! operated flight without leaving Terminal 2G, the transfer experience was quite nice and did not involve a transfer to other terminals in Paris Charles de Gaulle. And because it was late evening there were only a few people around because there were only a couple of European flights going out.

The lounge in Terminal 2G at Paris CDG airport was, surprisingly, not too busy

General view inside Terminal 2G at Paris CDG airport

Boarding the flight to Turin TRN

Onboard the Embraer E90 jet, I found myself to be the only passenger in Business class, unlike the 17 people in Business on the previous flight from Seville. As the only person in the single row which constituted Business class on the Embraer E90 plane, I thought, without hoping too much, that I would get exclusive service. Alas, that was not to be the case and the CSD did the bare minimum, serving the meal and a glass of Jaquart champagne before disappearing for eternity into economy class. The cold meal service was, however, really palatable, cooked prawns on a bed of purée de pois, served with a cheese plate along with a somewhat cloying chocolate dessert. No drink refills were offered or any other service items. The flight landed bang on time at Turin's quiet little airport and I was out of the terminal building in minutes.

I was the only passenger in business class so I could take my time with taking a photo of the seating

Inflight catering on CDG-TRN which tasted better than it looked

Some drinks helped me to chill out

Rating 7*
Seat 1C - 1A
Aircraft E90
Registration F-HBLA

Last edited by Concerto; Jul 20, 2023 at 6:09 am