FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GONE: Sheraton Jerusalem [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Dec 29, 2004, 8:04 pm
MRTHNMAN

Originally Posted by craz
private taxi appx $40 its a flat rate. Sherut is appx $9 in shekels $10 in USD also a flt rate, it wont go till it has its 7-8 passengers. Then as for dropping off the people the driver will hear where everyone is going and then decide which gets dropped off according to where he wants to end up.
If you are 2 or more take the private taxi and save the time. When I use to go and wasnt renting a car Id 1st stop by the sherut area which was next to the taxi area and wait up til 10-15 mins for it to fill if it did I went (usually after a flight it takes 5 mins max0 if it didnt I walked over to the reg taxis.
With the new term opened I cant even begin to direct you where to go as I havent been there since the new term opened up. A friend who just got back found it a hassle to find the rental car drop off at the new term so he returned it at the old term location and took the shuttle back to the term.
Again the above rates might and probably have changed since I was last there in Oct as gas prices went up in accordance with the price of oil so I imagine that the taxi/sherut rates went up as well. Its Govt controlled the rates. Under either way never ask the driver but ask the dispatcher, or ask a couple of drivers not next to each other to be sure you arent being ripped off as in Every other country or airport.
Best of all ENJOY
does anyone know how the bus service is from tlv to jerusalem ? how many shekels is it ? how frequent is the service ? is it direct or does the bus make stops ?