FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ: Skipping Segment, Hidden City / Point Beyond / Throw Away Ticketing (master thd)
Old Jul 18, 2023, 6:22 pm
WingedWorldExplorer
Suspended

Programs: UA,AA,AS,BA
Originally Posted by razzaba
Surprised no one has posted about this yet. Apparently a 17 year old was traveling from Gainesville, FL to a NYC airport (story I read did not say which) with a connection in CLT. Apparently the check in agent noticed he had a North Carolina license and questioned him about his travel, suspecting he had no intention of flying New York leg.

They didn’t let him check in or fly and banned him from flying AA again, and he subsequently had to find a different route of travel home.
Father did not tell whole story or he lied. Stupidly, being from northern Florida, He probably asked for a "short check". I.e BIG red flag. Or he has done it before. I am no defender of AA but their software is very sophisticated and they would never do this to a first time innocent " offender". Again NOT illegal but against the Terms and Condition of the ticket. Letting a 17 year old book a ticket based on "advise" from a "How to fly cheap" website is Florida style stupidity.

Last edited by WingedWorldExplorer; Jul 18, 2023 at 6:31 pm