FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy Hotels in Des Moines and West Des Moines, Iowa [Master Thread]
Old Jul 12, 2023, 10:05 am
Horace

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
I took some photos at the Des Moines Marriott Downtown during a weekend stay at the end of June 2023. The photos on the official website accurately show the recently renovated rooms, but don't show details, so that's what I concentrated on in my photos.

It's a well-run, well-maintained Marriott. It's been nicely renovated. Rooms have dark "hard wood" laminate floors, modern furnishings, and showers where the tubs used to be. This hotel checks all the boxes for what a Marriott is supposed to be in 2023. (All this can also be said of the West Des Moines Marriott 10 miles to the west.)

Ground floor lobby, where the bar doubles as the evening restaurant. The Concierge Lounge is on the mezzanine at the back of the photo. Because this was a weekend stay, the lounge was not serving breakfast or evening items, but it could be accessed with a key (Platinum Elite and above) for sodas and water.

Restaurant breakfast hours.

Rock River Grill Restaurant breakfast buffet, with the good cut fruit, steam trays for scrambled eggs and breakfast meats, and usual other items. There is no longer an omelet chef. There's no effort to go above and beyond with local or freshly baked items, but the breakfast is good.

30th floor plan, showing several suites. I think this floor is unusual in having suites. Most floors of this 33-floor hotel only have identically sized rooms. The end rooms don't even have side windows, so they're just like other rooms. As an elite member, I've always been "upgraded" to a high floor, but not to a suite.

View from our north-facing 30th floor room.

View from the south-facing 30th floor elevator lobby.

Real desk.

Guest room refrigerator.

Keurig coffee maker, which we did not use.

Very convenient nightstand on both sides of the king bed, with plenty of space for electronic devices. One side has a phone, while the other side (shown here) has an alarm clock with additional AC and USB-A outlets.

Wall outlet above both nightstands, with AC and USB-A outlets.

Chair with a movable working/snacking table. A nice alternative to the desk if you want to face the TV while using a laptop.

Last edited by Horace; Jul 12, 2023 at 10:48 am