FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I need this travel tote in my life
View Single Post
Old Jul 11, 2023, 7:43 am
rsqrott

Update- OG vs OG2
I took a quick trip and though it the perfect opportunity to test drive my OG2. This is a very basic comparison.
The first thing that I noticed was the feel, the zippers seem stiffer and feel cheaper on the OG2. The leather handles as well feel more plastic-y. Now this could be due to my OG being well broken in after 8 years (yes I found my original receipt from 2015) but the materials just don't "feel" as nice. This is still a good looking bag, though. The exterior and interior fabric of the OG2 does look and feel almost identical to the OG.
The OG2 definitely keeps it's dome shape and does not collapse in like the OG does. The laptop sleeve having it's own zipper in the OG2 makes a huge difference as far as speed and access. No more having to unpack and repack the bag so it's worth it for the lack of aggravation alone. Interior pocket layout in the OG2 is the same as for the OG, minus the laptop pocket. I still found myself scrabbling for it after 8 years of muscle memory from rooting through the bag .
So the exterior laptop access is a sanity saver, the shoe pocket being tucked away is a nice to have as is the rigid upright frame. Still a nice bag. I'll likely stick with my OG when not carrying a laptop.