FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 13th Annual Chicago Seminars @The Holiday Inn - October 13-15, 2023: The Original
Old Jul 9, 2023, 7:27 am
Adam1222

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Miika747
Lots of cynical posts here but I guess that’s to be somewhat expected on this FT forum. I’m disappointed that this situation is happening & I hope either the 2 events get merged or people that have already registered for the event from a few months back will be able to decide which event to attend with some knowledge of fully confirmed speakers.

I’ve attended this event for a little while now & was really looking forward to the general spirit of this event & seeing everyone back at Shelby Campbell’s. And for all the naysayers commenting here, I think some of you don’t realize how much time, effort, & other resources these events require. It’s easy to judge & criticize from the sidelines if you are not actually part of the planning, preparation, & execution of these voluntary events.
I don't think anyone has suggested that these events do not require time, effort, or resources. That appears to be a strawman.