FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton AMEX sign on Bonus 80k - worth it?
Old Jul 7, 2023, 9:46 pm
SPN Lifer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by sciconf (Post # 4)
I received in the mail for Hilton AMEX sign on Bonus 80k + 1 free night

My question was if another offer from another card (eg Hyatt) is better?
Originally Posted by redhead_pt (Post # 5)
I got the public offer for 70k + FNA. It’s a good starter card that you can hold forever to increase average age of accounts since there is no annual fee.
Obviously an answer to the question in the revised original post (OP) would require an analysis of the respective underlying hotel programs.

Marriott, Hilton, and Hyatt offer lifetime memberships, if you find that a feasible and worthwhile goal. IHG does not. Hyatt has perhaps the best frequent guest program currently, but the most limited property footprint, with a greater focus on the high end. Each person weighs various factors differently in selecting a preferred chain.

I am a lifetime Marriott BONV°Y™ Platinum Elite who is now focused on achieving the same status for my wife, mostly via credit cards. We tend to stay at mid-level properties, usually no more than two weeks annually. Hilton Honors is my secondary property chain.

I have had the no-annual-fee Hilton AmEx card for over two decades, and am very happy with it, using the card to buy all my gasoline, and for Hilton stays, of course.

I did have the Hilton Surpass card for one year, over a decade ago, and may get one again if a good sign-up bonus (SUB) is available. Once my beloved has her lifetime Marriott status, I may also go for a Hilton Aspire AmEx card, especially if we stay more often at the MNL Hilton reroute to the central Philippines.

But I am very happy with my no-annual-fee Hilton AmEx card, which keeps my Hilton Honors points alive, even if I don't stay there very often.