FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No Private Peanuts!
View Single Post
Old Dec 29, 2004, 12:35 am
KosraeTV

Programs: All My $$$ Went to CO (Plat) with a Lifetime PClub membership that got degraded to United crap...
First of all, this has been a fun, interesting and informative thread to watch over time.

I feel sorry for the folks who are allergic to nuts, but I also wonder what is going to be taken away next? If we are always bending over backwards to satisfy what I assume is a small percentage of the flyers out there, will there be anything left we can do / have / eat on a plane?

Personally, I have no problems with a "peanut-free" flight, I have no problems with voluntarily waiting to eat any foods I brought on a flight for later, I would follow FA's requests, and if a fellow passenger had any issues I would probably be more then happy to assist and co-operate to make sure they have a safe flight if the issue is life threatening, but let's face a fact here, we can't satisfy everyone and if we try then there won't be anything left.

If we make all these rules across the board about what we can't do, where would it end? No children? No pets / animals? No fat people? No muscular people? No perfume? Meals being only a vitamin mix with spring water? Mind as well let the TSA be the FA as well as the security screening.

Again, I understand your issues and concerns as I do agree that allergies can be life threatening, I just hope we don't start making rules and reg's for all flights / all airlines for any and all possible issues out there. Just my POV