FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton London Metropole {GBR}
View Single Post
Old Jul 5, 2023, 4:21 am
ThatT1Feeling

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Stayed here last night and had a litany of issues unfortunately.

Room not ready until nearly 7pm so with my day as it was, this meant that I couldn't check in earlier as I had planned so needed to check in at 11pm. Despite having been offered dozens of paid upgrades on the app which I ignored, miraculously none apparently available at checkin. Actually having read the post above, I'm almost happy that there was no upgrade as my tiny but very clean refurbished King room was at least on a very high floor.

No concierge which was a problem as they were storing my bag for me. After 10 mins waiting at the concierge desk which is a long way from the checkin area, I went to the diamond area of checkin to ask for them to call the concierge and, despite there only being one customer in front of me, it took 15 minutes to get to the desk - they said they would arrange for my bag to be delivered to the room.

Half an hour later, no bag so I called the front desk to ask again. Bag eventually arrived pretty much an hour after I first went to the concierge desk to ask for it, just after midnight.

Then finally tried to sit down and work at the desk to find that the plug sockets have been placed so close to the desk that it's impossible to plug in my Macbook Pro which isn't exactly an unusual type of laptop.

What struck me was how very busy this hotel is, even at 11pm - and how few staff were available at that time to deal with all of the guests.