FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GGL for life. Why not at 70.000 TP?
View Single Post
Old Jul 4, 2023, 12:58 pm
PETER01
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by flying_geek
Thanks. I am not fully certain that is how OpUps work though. If I am in a cabin that is oversold or possibly oversold I usually get an upgrade. If non EC customers are 0-4 - and that was the basis - I should never get an upgrade. My most recent upgrade was LHR-MIA J->F - the flight was J0 F4 with only 2 Seats in F assigned. Smelled like J oversold and I was disappointed to not get an upgrade hours before (more often than not, I get upgrades a few hours before departure) but I did get it before boarding. There is no way that a CIV score of 1-4 was the highest (or 2nd highest) in a full J cabin on a 380
Op ups are decided by DUT which stands for Discretionary Upgrade Tool and a high CIV doesn't always determine any upgrade.

There can be numerous combinations as to why someone is upgaded which might not always seem to be logical. Ticket type/cost, status, single traveller and various other factors are at play but not exclusively. Various threads on FT over the years. Anyhow, let's get back to the 70k TP title/discussion

There is now an official upgrade list

Pete

Last edited by PETER01; Jul 4, 2023 at 1:06 pm