FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Golf Parco de' Medici Hotel, Rome, Italy [Master Thread]
Old Dec 28, 2004, 2:38 pm
notsosmart
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Originally Posted by bhatnasx
Thanks for the notes on the Rome properties - Steve, welcome to FT & thanks for the informative first post!

I'll reconsider it - but I am a bit concerned that it's too far away. In terms of location - are there shops/restaurants/etc, nearby? Also, since the shuttle only runs til about 11PM, it'd be a late night long cab ride back - did you ever experience this? Was it difficult to find a cabbie willing to take you that far late night?
Yes it is a bit far (when I stayed, I drove myself into the city).

Advantages are the closeness to the airport, as well as Ostia Antica (a must see, and a nice change of pace) and the beach.

The restaurant is decent, though who eats at their hotel in Rome?

Also there's golf, but, again, who golfs when in Rome? I lived there for many years, and never met an Italian who even pretended to play golf.

BTW, bhantax, to answer your question: there is nothing nearby. It's a classic American by-the-highway airport hotel. It could be in Des Moines, for all you know.

BTW2 This morning the Westin Whistler was claiming a 6 AM check-out time.