FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA PlusPoints / Upgrades for sale on ebay ...(Warning these are not sanctioned by UA)
Old Jun 30, 2023, 9:24 pm
Fried Chicken

Originally Posted by jsloan
Given that context, what you’re describing is no different than walking into a computer store, picking out a computer, and offering the cashier $100 cash to let you walk out without paying the store for it.
Originally Posted by WineCountryUA
Request a employee to violate company and taking a bribe, and therefore risking being fired ?
You may be surprised how they respond.

Not the glory days of flying I remember.
When American Airlines implemented their pay-for-onboard-food system, I was absolutely famished. The flight attendant found some food and gave it to me anyway.
She committed gross theft and a blatant violation of company policy. Clearly she should have been fired.

Similarly, I sometimes bring chocolates for the crew and they treat me to all sorts of goodies.
Clearly they should all be fired for subverting the corporate overlords out of their sweet sweet profits.

Actually I'm not sure it's theft on their part. If they have discretion, I'd simply be asking them to slip discretion my way. Not to say it isn't outright bribery, but that's... kind of something the airlines have implemented... they just don't call it that... they call it policy.

I prefer flying airlines that give more discretion to their employees, rather than the overly bureaucratic micromanaged airlines.