FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Golf Parco de' Medici Hotel, Rome, Italy [Master Thread]
Old Dec 28, 2004, 7:51 am
Steve23

Programs: SPG, Continental, USAir, United, AA, Delta
Sheraton Golf Roma

Originally Posted by bhatnasx
Is this a typo or does the hotel really require a 6AM checkout? That seems a little early for checking out to me. Of course their check-in time is 9AM, which also seems a little early. Most hotels are 3PM check-in and an 11AM or 12Noon Check-out.

Any ideas or experiences? It seems like a decent property, although its not really a good location for Rome sight-seeing.
I've stayed here a few times for business and actually found it pretty reasonable for sightseeing on weekends. There's a bus that runs every hour and a half to and from the city (every hour in the evening) from 9 AM till 11 PM. It's a huge bus so you don't have to worry about there not being space - a problem I've had with some other hotels offering "shuttle service." And it drops you off in Piazza Venezia, which is central to almost all of the major tourist attractions. The only problem would be if you like getting an earlier start than 9:30 (necessary to avoid lines at the Vatican), in which case you'd have to fork over 25-30 EUR for the cab downtown. For the price difference between this property and the Starwoods downtown, I'd definitely save my money for a nice dinner out.

If you are planning on staying there, I recommend the "new building." The old building is decorated to go for Italian rustic charm, but the new building has bigger rooms, way better water pressure in the shower, better food, and is of course newer (meaning less scuffed paint and electrical/plumbing problems).

And no, they've never made me check out at 6 AM.