FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ibis Ho Chi Minh Airport (Saigon), Vietnam
Old Jun 24, 2023, 5:37 am
vegasbased

Programs: Hilton, Delta, Hyatt, MGM
I am currently staying here right now, and although the property itself is quite nice, I have had some major issues. I originally booked a two-bedroom suite for three people (my parents and I) back in August, with breakfast included for about $102 a night. In the weeks leading up to the stay, everything was fine. On the way to Vietnam, I decided to check my reservation details to make sure that everything was okay.

To my surprise, it was not. I noticed that we had been moved to a studio and a one-bedroom suite. But the worst part is that they also changed our rate to $375 for two nights. Our original rate was ~$202 for two nights. There was proof it was changed by them as the Accor app stated, "This reservation was changed on 06/07/2023 by: hotel". Immediately after this, I DMed Accor on Twitter and also sent the hotel an email. Accor basically said we contacted the hotel, and they will get back to you as soon as possible.

I checked the reservation right before my flight took off in LA, so I didn't see any responses until I made it to Seoul. The hotel responded by saying that this was due to a "technical issue" and that our rate would be the same. I decided it was best not to respond to the email and wait until we check-in.

When we checked in, the front desk agent simply told us the same thing, but also that they oversold the two-bedroom suites, so this is why we have been reassigned room types. At check-in, my parents and I were very tired, and we didn't want to deal with it after traveling for 30+ hours, and the language barrier was a bit challenging. The hotel also told us that breakfast was not included, but due to this situation, he would give us 6000 VND off of breakfast, which is $0.26. We decided to decline it, and the discount offered was borderline laughable, in my opinion.

Overall, while the room situation isn't ideal since they aren't connected, what I am most annoyed about is the increase in rate. Furthermore, the hotel never told me on June 7th about the change, and I was the one who noticed it. Unfortunately, although I thought I never deleted hotel confirmation emails, somehow I deleted this one; thus, I have no proof of the rate change. That said, I am confident I wouldn't book a room in Vietnam for the new price.

I am checking out tomorrow, so I am wondering what the best way to handle this situation is. I could email the GM, but I think getting Accor corporate involved might be a good path, as they might be able to pull up the rate change. Any ideas?