FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Free ticket [as compensation for flight delay]
Old Jun 21, 2023, 5:48 am
HEhatesusall

Programs: A3 gold, BA silver, IHG platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by shuly
I got one of these today. The email looked suspicious: there was nothing wrong with my flight, which landed about 15 minutes late; nothing wrong with the service; and I don't remember ever filling their survey.
I hesitated before I clicked on the link; and then it downloaded a very weird PDF (specifically, with no code nor even my name on it). I must admit I was certain this was a scam until I read this thread...

So how do I book my "free" flight? How can know I'm eligible? And if the original reservation was in Y but I successfully bud for an upgrade, will the free leg be in Y or in C?

Shuly
Got a really similar experience to yours 6-7 months ago
Y-class ticket, upgraded to c-class with a coupon. nothing really wrong with delays or service, except the tray in the middle seat was broken. Got the letter exactly as you before even takeoff
No names or anything in the letter. But it was a C-class "free" ticket . And you had to pay 23 ticket issuance fee + taxes + a small YQ surcharge
you have to call A3, and tell them when the letter was sent to you. They'll find it in your account and then redeem it. Although finding R-class availability is hard...