FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Skytrax 2023 Awards - BA slips from 11th to 18th
Old Jun 20, 2023, 1:23 pm
Geordie405

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by FlightDetective
I'm actually not at all surprised by this. I highly rate BA cabin crew - granted, I fly mainly Club Europe with the occasional Club World thrown in - so no Dine on Demand issues for me! They are, in my experience, usually professional, friendly, work hard and really make for a great flight. Sure, you're going to have bad apples or people having a bad day here and there, but I almost never see it. The BA staff are generally some of the best in the sky.
Originally Posted by Lucanesque
TBH I tend to agree with you. Most of my post-pandemic flying nowadays is in CE, however, when I do fly long haul it's often in F and that's where, in my experience, the inconsistency comes in - some flights will be spectacular, others will be mediocre at best. But, F travel accounts for such a small % of flyers that I can see why based on the bulk of flying experience in Y or J they won these awards.
I agree about the short-haul crews being brilliant. I really do look forward to flying CE. Long-haul tends to be more hit and miss. We've had some excellent crews, some mediocre, and some bad - and in some cases you end up with all three on the same flight!