FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best value for money property for 1 week stay in Thailand
Old Jun 19, 2023, 4:01 am
goodeats21
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by wonderfultravels
Hello,

I am looking to spend about a week or so with my partner in Thailand, this will be in early July 2023.

I have Titanium status with Marriott Bonvoy.

Any suggestions on a hotel either in Bangkok or elsewhere which is good value for money, preferably with a kitchenette and/or a full size fridge if possible.

The ability to cook/reheat or at least store some leftovers in the fridge would be good.

The purpose of the trip is to unwind rather than explore extensively.

Thank you
The Kitchenette and Full Size Fridge in Bangkok would point toward one of the Executive Apartments. Not sure how "good value for money" they represent. Lack of benefits / earnings are significant when compared to regular hotels.
Will likely be in the ~$150 USD per night range.

Most hotel rooms will have a hotel-sized fridge, but I can't recall seeing microwaves in any of them. Food is so readily available and reasonably priced, there doesn't seem much demand, especially with good lounge options.
Is this related to dietary restrictions or something?

For week + stays in Thailand, I have left Marriott and just rent a condo locally. I am usually in the Pattaya area and for ~$50 USD there are nice, high-quality options with full kitchen, great pools, walkable to beach, etc.

I am sure similar options exist in other popular areas.