FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA "TravelBank" Q&A , with option to deposit funds
Old Jun 15, 2023, 1:08 pm
emcampbe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by blitzen
Wasn't that the "old" expiration rule? Now all balances expire after a set period of time (5yr?) and the 18 month activity was overwritten
something like that.

don’t remember the old rule exactly - but at one point, terms had any leftover funds after two years (I think?) of inactivity going into an ETC - automatically I think - then you had the standard year after date of issue to use. I never had a problem using funds so never tested that. Then they stopped the transfer to an ETC and just had it expire after however long of inactivity, then they went to each individual deposit being valid for 5 years. There were also some promos where you got balances that expired at specific times - I had a CLEAR sign up where I got $ in TravelBank and I think those were available until a certain date - maybe about 6 months? Had a promo also at some point on one of my UA cards (select) where meeting certain spend over a quarter netted me funds that had a certain amount of time to use it. Months not years. Think IHG card has something like that as well where you get a deposit with a specific expiry. A bit more complicated now as different balances have different expiration, so need to keep decent track of which funds expire when.