FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Euroflyer poor Club Europe experience
View Single Post
Old Jun 13, 2023, 12:41 am
DXB2745

Originally Posted by Lazg1973
Very poor Club experience yesterday morning LGW-FAO.
40 minute wait at check in - only 1 desk available for all flights. Queue started at the end of moving walkway as you enter the check in area.
Very odd service onboard from a totally disinterested Inflight manager who spent her whole flight in the galley sending her young cabin crew assistant to hand run the whole service with 10 full rows on a A321.
No menus. Bar service offered first (odd on a breakfast service). Then breakfast, described as hot english or eggs ? , no idea what the eggs were or how presented (hopefully not still fully shelled!). No tea/ coffee or other drinks offered. Trays and all glasswear cleared in record time. Requested a top up of champagne at this point and was glared at and request not acknowledged. Glass taken away and some while later did reappear refilled but not with any kind of interaction whatsoever. No other service of any kind offered.
Maybe there is some directive from senior management to let crew do whatever they like with the service and to reduce it so far that no one then pays for it and it can then be quietly dropped under the guise of no longer any demand for it !!
”young crew” - I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again, what is the obsession on this forum on using this term in a derogatory way?

And again, I’ve come across many many many “old crew” (maybe born in 1973 as the OP apparently is) who are poor, rude, arrogant and stuck in the past and think that BA owes them something.

I just don’t understand by stating “old”, “young”, “straight” “gay” et al what it contributes to the forum.

now I’ll wait to be shouted down!