FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Current China Entry policy
View Single Post
Old Jun 11, 2023, 7:17 pm
GinFizz

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by narvik
Ah, you are so right, yes.
My BP name always matches the passport....or does it? In typical Chinese fashion it may be truncated on the BP and therefore "red flags" it...I'd have to check a BP....okay, not truncated, but missing the space between FIRST and MIDDLE name....maybe that's it?
Passport: LAST FIRST MIDDLE
BP: LAST/FIRSTMIDDLE
Very envious that you are one of a select few who have a full name that is still short enough to not be truncated on offical documents here in China! But yes, even that extra space is likely to trip things up (annoying also as it is easy enough to strip out spaces from a string for comparison purposes). Let's home that as [MENTION=18316]travelinmanS[/MENTION] says this will be fixed also here in Beijing as well as in Shanghai (it certainly wasn't in Dec 2019 when I last flew out of PEK or Jan 2020 when I flew out of PKX).

Originally Posted by narvik
Good luck with the trip and enjoy!
Yeah, I am not a fan of the new exit system at PEK either. Hope that's not permanent.
Well now I get to enjoy the new system all over again - boarding for the Thai Airways PEK-BKK flight yesterday was delayed 2 hours due to a technical problem, then after boarding they realized the problem was not fixed, so cue another 3 hour wait. Eventually the crew went out-of-hours so we were all herded back through immigration and to the Hilton near the airport. Rebooked today on an Air China flight (onward flight to the UK for the main part of this trip is tomorrow so that should still be okay).