FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Archive 2021-2023 Hilton Amex Aspire $200 Resort Credit]
Old Jun 11, 2023, 7:37 am
JJeffrey
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by 0xBA1EE7ED
Trying to use my Resort Credit for the first time and want to make sure I did everything correctly. We booked a 1 night stay at the Waldorf Las Vegas in July using the Honors Flexible Rate (refundable).
Room Rate was $264, Taxes $41, Resort Charge $45 for a total of $350.
However in the Guarantee Policy it says "This reservation requires a credit card deposit of $350.00 USD which will be charged to your card."
It immediately charged the card for the $350 even though it wasn't a non-refundable but I think this is due to it being a single day stay. If I modify it to a 2 night stay it wants to charge $495 out of the $834 total.

Given that it already charged the full $350, will I still be eligible for the $250 resort credit? I assume this is just the deposit and the "full" charge will happen at check out with the resort credit posting after that?
As noted deposits charged directly by hotels are fine and are totally different than pre-paid non refundable reservations which are not charged by the hotel (and thus won't trigger the credit).

As soon as ANY charge from the hotel posts to your Amex it will trigger the credit. So you should now see the credit post a few days after the $350 deposit fully posts.

Since the credit will be posting now (or in a few days) you obviously will not see it now after you check out and the remainder of your folio posts.