FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upgrade J to F with miles
View Single Post
Old Jun 10, 2023, 4:16 pm
MathAviation7

Programs: A3 Silver, DL Silver Medallion
Originally Posted by MathAviation7
Surprisingly my flight still has 3 seats left (thought they would all fill up by now), decided to split the reservation, so 2 people in my party can get the upgrade if there is still space. A few questions about the proccess:

1) When I transfer the miles, they will go into a family account. This means that the two people in my family that are going to get the upgrade can use the miles, right?

2) I booked this ticket (Business Flex Plus) in November, before the devaluation that saw the price of F upgrades go from 30K to 39K miles. On Emirates website, the upgrade price for waitlist is 30K for my reservation. Will they charge me 30K or 39K at the airport for the upgrade?

3) I have heard some issues with audits for “inactive accounts.” I have had my account open since 2018, flew EWR-ATH that summer (cash flights). Then I transferred 580K miles for my J tickets in November and booked the flights to Milan flights no problem. Would you consider this an “active account”, and would transferring the miles for the upgrade the day before departure put my account in jeopardy?
Does anybody have answers for questions 2 and 3?