FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Free Night Certificate Questions & Experiences" thread
Old Jun 9, 2023, 8:08 pm
SPN Lifer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by beefninja (Post # 1005)
I have my points booking to try to convert (or cancel then rebook as a free night), as well as a cash booking that I can cancel to put more rooms back into inventory, as well as a backup points booking (in case my first points booking gets lost as part of the attempt to rebook, so I can use this one as a backup since I'd rather not pay cash price). So the worst case scenario would be that I have to use a points booking if I am unable to use the certificate (which would go unused). Hopefully it doesn't come to that.
You have a triplicate booking for the same night, two with points and one with cash.

That is not exactly a way to endear yourself to anyone looking at your account. A worse case scenario would be if two or even all three triplicate bookings were cancelled.

The very worst case scenario would be if your account were closed for violating the Hilton Honors Terms and Conditions.