FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New TSA Credential Authentication Technology ID Scanners - No Boarding Pass Required
Old Jun 9, 2023, 5:39 am
1kprem

Programs: Mileageplus
Originally Posted by Majuki
Has anyone here been sent back to the airline ticket counter for a CAT VID check? I've not seen something like this before. The closest I came to this was when I had done a same day flight change a few minutes before the TDC. The TSO at the TDC saw my original flight details on the screen, not my new flight information, but I wasn't sent back to the ticket counter.

In this situation the OP had booked the flight the night before and had flown on a similar itinerary the other week without any issues.

I’ve not experienced this, but have been sent back to the airline check in counter to get a paper boarding pass. The problem I have is my Florida DL won’t scan through the TSA system but I can get around that by using Clear. On this occasion the Clear system flagged me as a random ID check. So I get to the TSA officer and hand him my DL which promptly fails to work. So he sends me to the check in counter to get a paper boarding pass. The electronic one on my phone was not sufficient.