FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Bonvoy hotels in Koh Samui, Thailand
Old Jun 6, 2023, 10:41 am
pentiumvi

Originally Posted by Kacee
Getting around can be a challenge. I've rented scooters and a car. Scooter is fine for running from VB into Chaweng, but it can get dicey going any farther. I did not enjoy driving/parking on the island, traffic, parking, and some very narrow streets. Taxi is expensive and many will cheat you. I liked Navigo app best - nice cars and reasonable prices, but it can be a challenge getting a car at times. They will reduce prices to sell rooms, so it really depends on demand. Is 18k with or w/out taxes and fees? That's fairly pricey, especially if not including taxes/fees - I used to say my max for this property was around 15k but it seems everything is more expensive in Thailand these days.
Seems like getting around may just be a bit of a pain in general. I'm only there a few days, if taxis are readily available and can be hailed easily at tourist sites, I may just suck it up and pay.

The 18k I'm referring to is including taxes/fees. A bit over 15k w/o, so seems like prices are right at the high end at the moment.