FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The FRA F/HON First Class Terminal FCT FAQ
Old May 29, 2023, 8:59 am
Red259

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Completed a visit. I had been here pre-pandemic. FCT lounge is nice but at the end of the day it is just an airport lounge. The food was ok. Decent omelet. Buffet wasn't all that impressive in terms of quality. May be better later in day. A couple of the whiskies I really wanted to try that are on the menu they didn't have which was a pretty massive let down. They no longer have the shop there either so you can't even buy cigars there even if you wanted to without going to the terminal. The staff was good. The chairs were comfortable. Driven to plane in a porche which I had to share with another passenger but that is pretty common if your outbound flight has first class. People rave about the private security/immigration check etc. Yes that is nice, but I've experienced on other airlines first class checkins where you go through a private security/immigration checkpoint. Its just not within its own self contained building. In the end its an airport lounge albeit with some perks but not really that far ahead of some of the other first class lounges in the world. The crew I had on the flight was excellent, which was a big improvement from the last time I flew F with LH. In the end it was fine in the sense that I was in Germany anyway and with the recent united devaluation I figured it would be a good idea to use up those miles before they devalue further.