FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - “I’m not First trained”
View Single Post
Old May 26, 2023, 8:34 am
ttama

Programs: Varies
Originally Posted by flygirl68
Out of curiosity, which aircraft were you travelling on? I’m wondering if there were 2 or 3 crew working in F? If that crew member on your husband’s side had been me, I would have covered both sides, as many of us have done, many times. Even on a 747 or 777 where there would be 3 crew, they are (should be) a team. Boarding is a busy time and that crew member could’ve easily been caught up with something else.
787, with 8 seats in F. The crew member on my husband's side did take over, but seemed stressed and either made mistakes with my food & drink orders or had been given the wrong information (and left some things off even when I got my meal). So on top of not having any sound on my IFE ( and sadly the only spare seat had already been taken by someone who'd been bumped up after take-off while they were still investigating my IFE) and no WiFi as backup, it wasn't a great flight. It's a shame as it was intended as a treat - we normally fly in CW. And, seeing what was happening to me, didn't make my husband's flight that enjoyable either. If BA can't provide a consistent service in one flight, with 8 seats, I see no point in flying F with them again. I will still collect and use avios and companion vouchers, as they're a good deal, but I see no advantage in flying F when CW provides better value.

I did love the Concorde lounge though - the staff there were pure class who seemed to take great pride in their work.