FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - “I’m not First trained”
View Single Post
Old May 26, 2023, 6:26 am
ttama

Programs: Varies
Originally Posted by brightstar100
I was just on a flight in F. The pleasant young cabin crew member proactively told me that they had not been First trained. They did a great job so no complaints.

But what does it say about BA - deploying staff not trained in F on one of its premium heavy, status heavy routes? I suspect this was a route where many, like me, had paid cash to be in the F cabin.
This may have happened to me on my last flight. The crew on my husband's side of the cabin seemed excellent. But I wasn't offered an amenity bag, pyjamas (and when I asked, was given an inappropriate size) , no drink before take-off and no explanation why I couldn't have alcohol when I asked for one. I did eventually get what I needed but had to press the call button a few times. My husband meanwhile was nicely supplied with everything correctly at the right time. The crew member on my side disappeared after meal orders were taken and wasn't seen again. The orders they'd taken (food and wine) were incorrect - I was brought the wrong meal and wrong wine. So perhaps they were being given experience in First Class, resulting in my First Class experience being very poor.

I spoke to a You First person afterwards and said I wouldn't want to fly F again, based on that experience. I think if I'd been told that they weren't trained it would have been less stressful for me; I'd have appreciated the honesty. As it was I didn't know why everything to do with me was going wrong while my husband was getting a First Class experience.

I know my place now - I'll fly CW in future where my expectations will be lower and might be met.