FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Award Ticket Positioning Flight Add-On
Old May 24, 2023, 10:36 pm
kromix

For the record - Positioning still works as of 05/25/23!

I have an award travel booked for Japan Airlines ORD to HND Business class. Needed to add my city MIA to ORD.... Called, used key words like "positioning" "Domestic leg award travel" etc... She pushed back a bit, I explained it 3-4 times, she said well if you left miami what time would you want to go? I answered which flight I want, she said "let me check"... Came back said the ORD-HND is no longer available (surprise, obviously..) but she was able to speak to her "support desk" whatever that is, and they updated and included the domestic leg MIA to ORD into my existing record locator manually and when I refreshed it was in there. So don't lose hope, looks like domestic positioning is still working! When I searched expert flyer I saw no award seats for MIA to ORD, so I am surprised she was able to do it.

Follow-up Question, she booked me in Economy MIA to ORD, while my award booking ORD HND is Business, should I call back and try to get that moved up to Business for the domestic positioning leg to match the itinerary?

**UPDATE:: Called back and said "shouldnt the domestic leg that was just added be Business/First to match the other flight? put me on hold again, came back, and bam, I refresh and now MIA ORD is AA FIRST, ORD - HND is JAL Business. Success!

Last edited by kromix; May 25, 2023 at 8:28 am