FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Premier benefits for companions on separate tickets, " off-pnr " [Consolidated]
Old May 24, 2023, 3:44 pm
lincolnjkc

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by howie411
So I have a few upcoming work trips that I plan on taking my family. I have to book my flight vi Concur at work which means my wife and daughter need to book separately on United.com The problem I'm running into is none of our perks extend to my wife and child if I'm not on the reservation.

For instance have have both a United Quest and United Club card, but my wife is the AU on both so it seems the free luggage and priority boarding etc don't convey to them since I'm not on the reservation.

How do folks typically handle this?
What is your status? As a 1K my 3x70lb bags has never left me wanting more even when my wife is on a separate res (just check all of the bags under my PNR)... Pretty sure that benefit applies to Plat and maybe Gold as well.... So unless you need a *lot* of luggage or really want something checked under her name for some reason....

For priority boarding whether my spouse or coworker "[s]he is with me" on approaching the gate agent has never been turned away.

Priority security is the only benefit I can't think of a work around for -- but if spouse has PRE or CLEAR (or PRE CLEAR) probably moot anyway.