FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - London Marriott Hotel Kensington [Master Thread]
Old May 16, 2023, 8:53 pm
etkuo

Programs: CX GO, AC Aeroplan 25K, AMEX PLAT, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Amb
Had a 9 night stay earlier last month. Picked this hotel due to decent rates at the time and overall not bad reviews.
Booked a Queens Room. Was celebrating my birthday as well as my first trip in 3 years with my girlfriend and I asked on the chat the night prior to see whether there were any possibilities for a room upgrade to a kings size bed and was granted. They also delivered a birthday card and a small box of chocolate to the room. A very nice touch.

Pros:
- Lower rate than the centrally located Marriott properties but still decent location. 5 to 8min walk to both the Earl's Court tube station and Gloucester Road tube station, giving to the Circle, District and Piccadilly Line. 30min travel time (including walking time) to most of the London tourist attraction/area.
- There are several restaurants in the area should you need to eat in the area.
- Sainsbury's across the street.
- Newly renovated rooms.
- Daily housekeeping - This should be a given and shouldn't really be a Pro, but coming from North America in the post-covid world where the standards seems to be housekeeping every 3 nights, I was pretty impressed with the daily housekeeping here. They changed all the towels daily and seems to have changed the sheets daily too. Couple days we left the room pretty late (like after 12pm/1pm) and I was half expecting that housekeeping will miss us, and then in the evening we still came back to a fully serviced room.
- Air-Conditioning - Fully functional. I was worried about weak or no air-conditioning in Europe especially since it's only early April. I need to sleep in a cold room. Thankfully the A/C was working great and kept our room very cold.

Cons:
- Bathroom design was probably the weakest spot in the room. Maybe it's an European thing? I don't know... No ventilation fan in the bathroom, and bathroom door opens outwards into the room and will auto close. Half bathtub door. And there is also a plastic ring thing limiting the movement of the shower head hose. (Wish I can describe this better)
- Lounge was underwhelming. Basement windowless room. Breakfast offering was underwhelming as well. Didn't try to the evening wine or canapés as we were out.
- As the previous poster mentioned, the fridge seems to be room temperature only. Thankfully we didn't need to use it.

Points posted promptly the day after checkout.