FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aomori Sushi and Ranen
View Single Post
Old May 12, 2023, 4:27 am
Topcare

Originally Posted by Ethelstan
I've done my fair share of looking into booking high end sushi restaurants (Michelin, Tabelog Award Winning). Availability and booking requires advance planning and flexibility. I tried to book Sushi Hashimoto (1 star, Silver Tabelog) on Omakase.in for booking 2 months out the second seats were availability. There was no dinner or weekend lunch, and weekday lunch were gone within 60 seconds.

Restaurant recommendation: Use Tabelog Award 2023 in Silver category (represents top 100 in Japan), and see if you can book with Table All (8000Y fee) or Omakase.in (390Y booking). Omakase.in is obviously alot cheaper but trickier to book, TableAll will take some luck too.

I ended up booking sushi restaurant in Tsujiki market (Table log 3.5-3.7) at fraction of cost and a lot easier to book. With Edomae style sushi, I highly doubt I can appreciate the sushi enough to pay 4x-5x the cost.
Not sure this helps OP with Aomori. 秀寿司 or Hide was very good.
https://www.at-ml.jp/70170/
Seemed pricy but i was not paying. Two other izakayas were also very good with the sashimi they served but not sure you want those.

No ramen was eaten.

Dinner at Uguisu located at the Daiwa hotel was decent. The breakfest there the next day which was included in the hotel rate was equally great.

Aomori is still a very sleepy town at night.