FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AmEx Targeted NLL cards offers
View Single Post
Old May 9, 2023, 4:04 pm
Dr Jabadski

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
My NLL credit card offers seem to be slowing or ending. I do get a solicitation for AmEx biz checking (currently 30K MR) once a week by snail mail and 2-3 times per week upon logging in online. I’ve decided that with notional biz credentials, a checking application would be riskier than a (repetitive) credit card application. Wondering if others have similar experiences and thoughts about each of these subjects (slowing NLL offers, frequent checking offers, checking application relative risk). Thank you.

Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
(November 2022) … most recent AmEx Delta Gold Biz card was closed in 2015. … wondering about the wisdom of applying again in the setting of multiple recent targeted NLL biz plat and gold approvals.

I’ve been approved for 6 biz plats and 4 biz golds in the past 20 months. … During that time I’ve been in pop-up jail for other AmEx applications: AmEx Business Green Rewards (for the SUB) 16 months ago, and AmEx Marriott Bonvoy Business (please don’t ask why 😉**) 18, 14, 13, 6, and 4 months ago … Next biz plat and biz gold applications planned for mid-December, …
Follow-up: Approved for biz plat and biz gold in December and again 2 months ago in March. Also successful 24-27 month churns of Chase UA Club in March and Hyatt in April.

Was feeling smug, applied for AmEx Delta Gold Biz 3 weeks ago, instant approval. Applied for AmEx Marriott Bonvoy Biz 2 weeks ago, instant approval.

Definitive proof that there’s no rhyme or reason* to AmEx Pop-Up Jail.

(Of course (first world problem) now I’ve got to figure out how to meet 3 or 4 minimum spends when estimated tax payments are still a month away and with any luck I’ll have another biz plat and biz gold by then !)

(* The Free Dictionary https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com “no rhyme or reason”: No particular logic, sense, method, or meaning to a given situation, action, person, thing, group, etc.)