FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico [Master Thread]
Old May 9, 2023, 9:09 am
stevens397

Programs: Starwood Platinum,Marriott Platinum, United Silver
Going back Feb 24. Went four years in a row with one of our kids and her family. As a Starwood Platinum, we were treated very nicely.

In terms of cancelations, I booked a Luxury Suite for 408,000 points plus a $1750 upcharge for the five nights total. I am able to cancel without penalty up to two days before the reservation! As others mentioned, I also looked at the cash rate. The five nights in the suite would have come to $16,000 and if you needed to cancel, it had to be three months ahead or they would charge your credit card for $15,000!!! This is astounding, I imagine no one would ever do this without insurance.

Finally, anyone have any thoughts about choosing between the Astor Suite and the Luxury Suite? Same upcharge. Seems Astor Suite on first floor with patio while Luxury suites upstairs with balcony. Reservation agent onsite said she preferred that Astor. Curious if anyone here has any insights.

Thanks to all