FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Amenity Kits in BP and PE
View Single Post
Old May 7, 2023, 3:38 pm
travellingmip

Programs: Airpoints
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
I don't like either of the BP or PE Amenity Kits provided by AirNZ on my recent AKL-YVR-AKL. I suppose the consumables might be useful on occasion, but I have found other carrier's amenity kit bags very handy for cables/chargers/plug etc.

The soft bag Amenity Kit AirNZ provided in BP in Dec/Jan (no pic sorry), has been replaced with (supposedly) sustainable ones, with the actual bag being quite inferior (IMHO) in terms of usefulness, and frankly seems just 'cheap and nasty'. The fold-over style opening and dome connectors are functionally poor. No eye shades seems a major oversight. And already the 'glue' in the interior base has failed.

I'd never flown PE long haul before last week, so I simply offer the pictures.

What do others think?

[SNIP PHOTOS]
I only remember using the toothbrush and toothpaste and that was it. I can't even remember if I used the lip balm. I didn't even take the NZ amenity kit off the aircraft. I suppose sustainability is the message here. I am not convinced this is overly cost saving.

Then again I haven't even looked at an amenity kit from one of my other flights nor did I take the pjs with me from another flight so these things are not a big deal to me (turns out I carry far too much cr*p with me on vacation).