FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upgrade for Honeymoon Rescinded / Weird Stuff
Old May 5, 2023, 6:23 am
777lover

The first question is why was the upgrade rescinded? That’s what I would be focused on. Did u receive a new ticket after it cleared?

Originally Posted by PHX_Flyer16
I've been a Platinum Pro AAdvantage member for several years. My fiance and I are getting married in August and booked a Honeymoon to Paris for September. We booked our tickets back in February and what's happened since doesn't seem right at all. We booked Premium Economy tickets from PHX to CDG (via DFW).

- After booking, I immediately called to use a systemwide upgrade for myself, and upgrade with mile for my fiance
- The agent told me she must first split our reservations into two, she then submitted the upgrades and said they should clear shortly
- After about a week, they did. We were both able to select seats next to each other in business class
- About a week later, my fiance's upgrade to business class disappeared from her reservation and she was reassigned to premium economy
- A friend of mine who is a Concierge Key member called to offer up a systemwide upgrade for her, knowing that it would take priority over the mileage upgrade
- A few days later and her reservation still showed a "mileage upgrade request" in the system
- I called back and was told that yes, it's showing as a mileage upgrade request
- He called again and it then showed systemwide upgrade request
- I called back to confirm my upgrade and her systemwide request and was told it should clear shortly with his status
- My systemwide upgrade had been confirmed for the DFW-CDG leg, but for some reason, they wouldn't tell me why, my PHX-DWF leg is STILL not upgraded (four months later), the entirely of first class is open on that flight
- It's now been three months since her systemwide upgrade was requested (via Concierge Key member) and she's still in premium economy

I'm incredibly frustrated as the entire reason I am loyal to American is so that I could upgrade on the most important trip of my life, which I booked WELL in advance and the upgrades actually cleared, then one was rescinded. If I can't get upgraded for this flight then really what is the point of my loyalty?

The entire situation just seem incredibly weird and I get the sense that a lot of the agents have no idea what they're doing, hence the multiple errors that seem to have been made through this process. Any advice or experience any has to share would be helpful. Now face the likely prospect we'll be separated on our honeymoon flight, not even in the same class.

Thank you!