FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Very Satisfied with JL Sky Suite (Apex)
View Single Post
Old May 3, 2023, 1:32 pm
eponymous_coward
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by terbangalways
For Apex window, storage indeed is non existence. I have to place my stuffs at the counter top by the TV. I would be super disappointed if it got swapped to reverse herringbone. Maybe it was my first time flying JL, the service even in NRT lounge is polite and welcoming. Shout out to the shower attendant. She made sure i got my shower room at the last minute before my boarding commences.
Originally Posted by tai4de2
The reverse herringbone seats on JAL are IMO singularly uncomfortable. There's something about how hard they are. I've experienced those same seats on EVA and they are much more comfortable, though again really don't compare in terms of creamy goodness to the Apex seats.

Oh, and a small data point: since posting earlier in this thread I've traveled SEA-NRT on JAL again, and fortunately received Apex product as expected. Probably says nothing about how likely or unlikely equipment swaps are, but I was pleased. OTOH, the onward flight from NRT was in Shell Neo or whatever they're called, and those angled lie-flats are just terrible.
It seems to be Sky Suite II on JL 68/67 when they swap SEA-NRT to a 767, not the SS III reverse herringbone. And it's a planned swap, this is for January 2024.