FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - alaska award booking on fiji change
View Single Post
Old May 3, 2023, 11:10 am
ellipsicon

Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
How did you try to change it online? If you choose "Cancel this trip and use the value toward a new trip," you can just book a "new" itinerary in J with the same date. Make sure to set "Shop for" to First / Business from the drop down list.

Essentially, you are canceling your first itinerary and booking a new one even though the PNR won't change. The search will offer you options and will show any differences in miles and Fees & Taxes; those can be either add/collect or redeposit/refund. Select the new flights you want and proceed to check-out.

Since this is an effective change the partner award booking fee won't be collected again as you already paid that fee on the original booking.

James
Thanks, I tried both "change this flight", and "cancel trip and use the value towards new trip". I edited my post to say it looks like someone else booked the ticket and it went away from showing available online. Weirdly I just went back and saw that space is in showing up again but I get the same error (We're sorry, seats for the requested flights are no longer available. Please try again and choose different flights, dates or cities.) Sounds like maybe phantom space. AA used to show two seat available, and now it's down to one (YVR-NAN on 3/4/2024)

edit: Called again and got to the partner desk, definitely phantom space!

Last edited by ellipsicon; May 3, 2023 at 11:40 am Reason: updated